Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm back!

It's been an interesting week. Murat and I have been together (offcially) for three years now. We celebrated at Truluck's, and all was delicious. If i can have crabcakes, scottish salmon and a literal bag of chocolate filled with cake and berries ever year for the rest of forever, I'm in. Plus, I find that any bottle of wine ordered and poured at a restaurant is better than anything I do at home. I have literally gotten the name and tracked wine down at Spec's that always tastes like stale Chardonnay. No offense to Specs, as you are my happy place, but it makes the fancy nights out so much better. It also didn't suck that I used the occasion to splurge on a dress from Anthropologie (Relax! It was heavily discounted!). Murat also brought me roses from work (he looked for calla lilies and failed- but kirmizi cicekler seviyorum) and reached into his pocket to reveal- get this- a sugar free Red Bull (one of the many components of my soul). I know that he isn't going to give me a ring, because I hate diamonds and the responsibility of wearing expensive shit on my hands- but there was something hilarious about this gesture on our third anniversary. I of course gave him a bird coloring book.

I have been reading "Eat, Pray, Love" because it's the law. Honestly, this book is much less chick- lit and much more me than I could have asked for. It is the book I would love to write someday (damn, it's taken). I feel like I am a very different person from the author, but that I could not be more similar. The description of herself as a traveler is pretty apt (awkward, a sore thumb, but ok with it). It's a good book to read if you are having any kind of uncertainty in your life, because the point of the book, to me, is that everything is a choice, and you really actually can do whatever the hell you want. If I didn't remind myself of that, I would be miserable forever. I am still at the part where she is in Italy, trying to experience pleasure at its most potent. I feel like I have that down. I get sparkling wine and hors' deurves to celebrate small victories (another 4.0, Turkey winning some kind of soccer game, etc) and I sing, loudly, in the car whenever the occasion presents itself. I also indulge in a hot bath whenever I feel the whim. The rest of the book concerns devotion and discipline- and whoops, I am not so good at those. :).

I think I would make a great masseuse. What do you think? If you could pick a career for me.... what might it be?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, the perfect Fiona career...I'll have to think about that one. =) But you should definitely blog about the cat bath catastrophe!! xD That was hysterical. ;)

    ReplyDelete